In this episode, Chris discusses the latest announcements from Infinidat with CMO Eric Herzog, including a cloud version of the Infinidat platform and new cyber detection capabilities. Infinidat has released a version of the InfuzeOS that runs on the public cloud, marketed as InfuzeOS Cloud Edition. The software is a fully functional version of the same software running on all Infinidat systems, although at launch the implementation will operate as a single node. Customers can use the solution to replicate data into the public cloud and access it for a wide range of use cases, including DR, test/development work and capacity bursting.
Also announced is a new InfiniSafe feature called Cyber Detection. As the issue of ransomware continues to affect companies, faster and earlier recovery techniques are required. Cyber Detection enables Infinidat customers to detect potential malware in immutable snapshots using AI-based scanning techniques that provide feedback on the likelihood data contains ransomware software.
InfuzeOS is available today, while Cyber Detection will be released in 2H2023. For more information see https://www.infinidat.com/.
Elapsed Time: 00:36:07
- 00:00:00 – Intros
- 00:01:30 – Infinidat and Eric have been winning awards
- 00:03:00 – Infinidat announces InfuzeOS Cloud Edition
- 00:04:20 – Also new, InfiniSafe Cyber Protection
- 00:05:30 – InfuzeOS is the single software across all Infiniboxes and variants
- 00:07:30 – Why is a single storage operating system so important?
- 00:10:00 – Cloud edition enables customers to do DR, testing and other use cases
- 00:11:05 – Homogeneous storage provides native and efficient data replication
- 00:13:30 – Cloud Edition is AWS only at launch, other clouds to follow
- 00:13:56 – Cloud Edition will be a single virtual instance today
- 00:16:15 – Data persistence in the cloud is challenging to achieve
- 00:16:50 – There will be a nominal fee for InfuzeOS Cloud Edition
- 00:18:20 – Cyber detection is needed as the next defence against ransomware
- 00:22:00 – Infinidat already does rapid data recovery from snapshots
- 00:28:00 – Infinidat is shifting the ransomware detection to the left
- 00:29:44 – AI determines whether content could contain malware
- 00:32:30 – Customers can choose which data to scan
- 00:34:10 – InfiniSafe Cyber Detection will be available in 2H2023
- 00:35:00 – Wrap Up
Related Podcasts & Blogs
- #231 – Introducing Infinidat InfiniBox SSA II
- #227 – Infinidat InfiniGuard Enhancements with Eric Herzog
- #202 – Enterprise Storage Consolidation with Phil Bullinger from Infinidat
- The Quiet Success of Infinidat
Copyright (c) 2016-2023 Unpacked Network. No reproduction or re-use without permission. Podcast episode #ehz2