The public cloud offers new ways to consume IT resources, but what does it mean for the way in which businesses look at the cost of IT? On-premises vendors need to get more flexible and creative in the way they offer services to their customers. In this podcast episode, Chris talks to Eran Brown, EMEA CTO at Infinidat about the challenges of aligning on-premises and public cloud consumption from a financial, business and technical perspective.
- 00:00 – Intros
- 02:00 – What does hybrid cloud storage mean?
- 03:00 – Cloud storage looks different in public cloud
- 05:00 – New features mean data mobility is required
- 07:00 – Avoid egress charges by using cloud-adjacent storage
- 08:00 – Standardise – or abstract?
- 12:00 – Pricing and internal procurement affect cloud usage
- 16:00 – Infinidat architecture allows flexibility to seed data centres
- 20:00 – Fast cars don’t need a 5 litre engine
- 24:00 – How do SMBs, mid-market and enterprises use hybrid?
- 26:40 – Does the Innovator’s Dilemma impact cloud adoption?
- 29:00 – Are MSPs at an advantage with hybrid cloud?
- 35:00 – What will Enterprises do for hybrid adoption?
- 38:00 – Wrap Up
Eran Brown is CTO, EMEA, at INFINIDAT. With over 15 years in the storage industry, Brown has an extensive technical background in networking, security, virtualisation, Big Data tools and other critical infrastructure components. Having gained broad experience as a Pre-Sales Engineer at NetApp to a Senior Product Manager at INFINIDAT, Brown has proven results in leading technical sales activities and delivering new products to market. In addition to this, he has familiarised himself with the multiple verticals throughout his career including the financial sector, oil & gas, telecoms and software industry – assisting in the planning, design and deployment of scalable infrastructure to support business applications.
Copyright (c) 2020 Brookend Limited, no reproduction in part or whole without permission. Episode S02E02.
Podcast (hybridcloud): Play in new window | Download