In this episode, Chris talks to HYCU CEO Simon Taylor and SVP of Products Subbiah Sundaram about the announcement of HYCU R-Cloud. R-Cloud is a new solution for protecting SaaS applications, of which there are around 17,000 in the US alone. Traditionally, SaaS vendors need backup vendors to develop support for the backup APIs the SaaS vendor provides. This results in each vendor doing custom work to write to the specifics of each API. The consequence if this process means backup vendors will choose to support SaaS platforms with the greatest volume of customer data. Smaller SaaS vendors can easily get squeezed out and find it difficult to be onboarded.
R-Cloud inverts the process, providing an API and low-code environment where SaaS vendors can build integration in as little as three days. Through the use of single sign-on, a customer can quickly visualise all data in a view called R-Graph, which focuses on the data, rather than infrastructure view.
You can read more about R-Cloud in our related blog post – https://www.architecting.it/blog/hycu-rcloud-launch/ or visit https://www.hycu.com/ for more details.
Elapsed Time: 00:26:42
- 00:00:00 – Intros
- 00:00:41 – What is R-Cloud?
- 00:01:30 – How many SaaS applications exist today?
- 00:03:30 – How do backup systems work? It’s ETIL
- 00:04:55 – SaaS vendors must build an API for backup vendors to use
- 00:06:39 – The shared responsibility model means customers must protect their data
- 00:08:30 – How will R-Cloud work in practice?
- 00:09:44 – Midsize companies could have data in 212 different locations
- 00:10:33 – R-Graph lets customers see a map of their data
- 00:12:53 – HYCU Protege is already modular in design
- 00:14:31 – How can HYCU “genericise” SaaS data structures into a single API?
- 00:16:25 – Single sign-on is a critical piece in developing R-Cloud
- 00:18:05 – R-Cloud enables new routes to customers through the marketplace
- 00:20:49 – Does R-Cloud replace SaaS platform recovery?
- 00:23:20 – No backup vendor can code to support 17,000 SaaS applications
- 00:25:34 – Wrap Up
Copyright (c) 2023 Unpacked Network. Post #c3df. Do not reproduce without permission, in part, or whole.