In this podcast recording, Chris talks to Manjusha Gangadharan (VP of Customer Engagement) and Kshitish Soman (Head of Product and Operations), both from the Lyve Cloud division of Seagate. The discussion centres around the state of hybrid and multi-cloud adoption, specifically covering both the challenges and opportunities of a multi-cloud strategy. Seagate has researched and authored a multi-cloud maturity report, referenced as part of this discussion. It can be found here:
An interesting aspect of this discussion is whether IT organisations need Super Architects, individuals or teams that are capable of viewing all clouds and delivering consistent strategic usage across the landscape of platforms. The conversation concludes with a look at how end users and IT teams should approach the process of creating a hybrid cloud adoption strategy.
As mentioned during the podcast, Seagate has solution called Lyve Cloud. Learn more here – https://www.seagate.com/services/cloud/storage/
Elapsed Time: 00:38:37
- 00:00:00 – Intros
- 00:01:30 – How does Seagate define hybrid and multi-cloud?
- 00:04:15 – What adoption profiles have we seen with hybrid/multi-cloud?
- 00:06:45 – How can end users avoid a multi-cloud sprawl?
- 00:08:15 – IT departments tend to focus on infrastructure platforms, not data
- 00:11:15 – We need to consider data security and observability requirements – and cost
- 00:12:45 – What strategies do customers use for cost efficiency?
- 00:15:40 – Can organisations really apply consistent policies across multiple clouds?
- 00:17:30 – Platform choice is highly dependent on cloud capabilities
- 00:19:45 – Silos have always been a problem since the mainframe days
- 00:20:40 – Do we need Super Architects?
- 00:23:00 – When does the Starbucks purchase become an in-house coffee machine?
- 00:25:45 – Constraints should deliver efficient use of new technology, not hamper innovation
- 00:26:25 – How should IT organisations build a strategy for hybrid cloud?
- 00:29:15 – We must measure and quantify goals and plans
- 00:30:30 – Lyve Cloud is Seagate’s object storage solution
- 00:32:16 – One size doesn’t fit all when creating a strategy
- 00:37:00 – Wrap Up
As the vice president of customer engagement for Seagate Lyve Cloud, Manjusha is responsible for every aspect of the customer’s journey with Lyve Cloud—business development, professional services, and cloud customer experience.
Manjusha has over 20 years of experience in tech, with exposure to a broad range of program management, pre-sales, sales, and marketing experience. Prior to joining Seagate in 2021, Manjusha served as the global head of strategy for Wipro Limited’s technology business unit, where she was responsible driving the transformation of the business mix towards digital, incubating a culture of innovation and diversity, and driving profitable growth.
Manjusha holds a Bachelor of Technology (BTech) in architecture from the National Institute of Technology Calicut.
As the head of product and operations for Seagate Lyve Cloud, Kshitish is responsible for the product and operations teams of Lyve Cloud.
Kshitish has over 25 years of experience in tech with exposure to organizations of every size. He has led global technology organizations for both large and small companies as well as founded startups that have given him a wide lens on everything that makes modern digital organizations tick. Kshitish brings an ability to balance strategic and tactical goals with a mindset of curiosity-driven product development that has made his work successful.
Kshitish holds a Bachelor of Engineering in computing from University of Mumbai, India.
Copyright (c) 2016-2023 Unpacked Network. No reproduction or re-use without permission. Podcast episode #f4e3.