In this podcast, recorded at DockerCon 2017, ChrisE talks to Stephen Foskett, organiser of the Tech Field Day events. During the short podcast, the conversation covers issues of the storage industry, how we’re moving towards software and whether the idea of “alpha” storage products really makes sense.
Elapsed Time: 00:11:03
- 00:00:00 – Introductions – Tech Field Day since 2009
- 00:01:30 – DockerCon – Storage, Networking, Security, Monitoring, the usual suspects
- 00:01:50 – The old the new side by side
- 00:02:30 – Storage with Docker
- 00:03:00 – Portworx, just like a traditional storage array
- 00:04:00 – Industry changes – consolidation, being a real company or being their R&D
- 00:05:00 – Who will go the distance, Pure?
- 00:06:00 – Who could survive purely as a storage software company
- 00:07:00 – The rise of alpha storage software – good or bad?
- 00:09:30 – Pass the Parcel/Hot Potato
Companies Referenced In This Podcast
EMC, HPE, Nimble, NetApp, Docker, Portworx, Pure Storage, Ceph, StorageOS, Hedvig, Rancher, CoreOS, Infinit, Data Gravity
Copyright (c) 2016-2017 Storage Unpacked. No reproduction or re-use without permission.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download