In this podcast, ChrisE talks to John Rollason, Director, Product Marketing, Next Generation Data Centre at NetApp. The conversation covers NetApp’s Docker plugins, the continued integration of SolidFire plus the upcoming HCI offering. Apologies for the sound quality towards the end of the podcast. The recording was done outside without the benefit of a microphone cover!
Elapsed Time: 00:14:57
- 00:00:00 – Introductions – Outside at the convention centre
- 00:01:00 – The need for persistent storage and NetApp Docker Plugin
- 00:02:30 – Mature features, snapshots, clones, replication
- 00:03:00 – Project Trident
- 00:03:53 – Support for Docker plugins, new models like Slack and the Pub? (http://netapp.io)
- 00:06:00 – Is NetApp becoming cool again?
- 00:07:00 – NetApp HCI is coming! The impact of SolidFire.
- 00:09:00 – NTAP flash strategy, cache not tier (until later)
- 00:10:00 – John answers a technical question!
- 00:12:30 – Next Generation Datacenter – what is it??
Vendors mentioned in this podcast
NetApp, Oracle, VMware, OpenStack.
Copyright (c) 2016-2017 Storage Unpacked. No reproduction or re-use without permission.