In this third podcast recorded live at Hitachi NEXT 2018, Chris talks to Arik Pelkey, Senior Director, Analytics Portfolio Product Marketing at Hitachi Vantara. Arik is responsible for the Pentaho platform, an acquisition made originally by Hitachi Data Systems in 2015. Pentaho is a data integration, visualisation and analytics platform used by data engineers to create data pipelines for AI models used by data scientists.
The conversation between Chris and Arik focuses on how Hitachi Vantara engages with customers to build out complex data analytics solutions. Arik wraps up the conversation with a summary of the new Pentaho features announced at the show, including support for Tensaflow, Jupyter Notebook and Python.
Elapsed Time: 00:17:28
- 00:00:00 – Intros
- 00:00:40 – What is Pentaho?
- 00:02:30 – Analysing 80 new data types a month
- 00:03:00 – How does customer engagement work with Big Data?
- 00:05:00 – How much consulting is involved in selling solutions?
- 00:07:00 – Who builds out and owns the data architecture?
- 00:12:00 – How many new job titles and roles have developed?
- 00:14:00 – What’s new in Pentaho
- 00:17:00 – Wrap up
Related Podcasts & Blogs
- #68 – Intelligent Object Storage with Scott Baker
- #67 – Hitachi Vantara One Year On with John Magee
- #60 – New Data Economy with Derek Dicker
Arik runs product marketing for Hitachi Vantara’s analytics portfolio where he helps clients solve big data integration, analytics and IoT problems. Arik is a frequent speaker on becoming a digital enterprise, IoT and predictive analytics and has a strong passion for helping customers modernize information architectures to turn new and emerging data sources into insights and business outcomes.
Copyright (c) 2016-2018 Storage Unpacked. No reproduction or re-use without permission. Podcast Episode 0J6F.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download