In the first podcast episode of 2020, Chris meets with Jonathan Martin, CMO at Hitachi Vantara to reflect on experiences at Hitachi NEXT 2019. This episode was recorded live onsite at the event in October 2019.
Hitachi Vantara and Hitachi Consulting are planned to merge in 2020 (press release). This is another step in the evolution towards making Hitachi Vantara a solutions company, or as Jonathan describes it, an intellectual property creation organisation.
Will Hitachi continue to sell infrastructure? The simple answer is – yes. Storage, CI and HCI platforms will continue to form the basis of solutions for customers. “as a service” offerings will bring a more cloud-like experience (and we’ll cover that later in the year).
A recording of the NEXT Day 2 general session is available here (registration required).
Elapsed Time: 00:17:25
- 00:00:00 – Intros
- 00:00:45 – Vegas T-Shirt cannons!
- 00:02:00 – Hitachi Vantara is merging with Hitachi Consulting
- 00:05:25 – Disney uses Lumada for ride analysis
- 00:07:30 – Edge is evolving because of data creation
- 00:10:15 – Hitachi will continue to sell hardware solutions!
- 00:15:00 – How does Hitachi bring to halves of the business together?
- 00:16:45 – Wrap Up
Related Podcasts & Blogs
- #131 – Hitachi Next 2019: Content Intelligence Update
- #127 – Hitachi Next 2019: CI & HCI Solutions Update
- #125 – Hitachi Next 2019: Ops Center
- #123 – Hitachi Next 2019: VSP 5000
Copyright (c) 2016-2020 Storage Unpacked. No reproduction or re-use without permission. Podcast episode #8C86.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download