This podcast was recorded live on 16 November 2016 at NetApp Insight in Berlin. The conversation is between Chris Evans and Mark Bregman, CTO for NetApp. Mark discusses NetApp’s move to focus on data management, with the Data Fabric, a concept that binds together NetApp’s storage assets with public cloud and data mobility features.
- Elapsed Time: 00:16:28
- SFW: Yes
- 00:00:00 – Introduction
- 00:00:40 – Data Fabric Introduction (link)
- 00:02:00 – Delivering storage features as SaaS – completely heterogeneous
- 00:02:30 – The customer perspective
- 00:03:10 – It’s about the data, not the storage
- 00:04:30 – The influence of cloud
- 00:05:20 – How is the data fabric actually implemented?
- 00:07:10 – Example – Cloud Sync (link) and demo (YouTube link)
- 00:10:20 – Expansion to 3rd parties – open APIs
- 00:11:50 – What’s new, new demos – Fabric Pools (YouTube link)
- 00:15:30 – Enabling object stores for unstructured file data
- 00:16:30 – Wrap Up
Companies referenced in this podcast
Copyright (c) 2016 Storage Unpacked. No reproduction or re-use without permission.
Disclosure: NetApp paid for Chris’ travel and accommodation in Berlin, including a free pass to the event. Attendance was not based on any requirement to produce podcasts or blog.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download