This podcast was recorded at NetApp Insight in Berlin on 15 November 2017. Chris talks to Dave Hitz, founder of NetApp Inc. The conversation is fairly free flowing, covering a general discussion on data management, NetApp’s positioning with Azure NFS and how we can expect to see hybrid cloud work in the future. You’ll notice there’s no discussion on any hardware products at all and little product discussion of any kind.
This conversation could have continued for hours (and in fact we did continue off-air), but we kept it to 20 minutes.
Elapsed Time: 00:19:05
- 00:00:00 – Intro
- 00:00:30 – Embracing the cloud
- 00:01:30 – Azure Files, NFS? What’s it called?
- 00:03:30 – Linux in Azure – 30% or 40%
- 00:05:00 – Transforming into data management
- 00:06:00 – The stickiness of cloud – additional functionality creates a pull
- 00:08:20 – What is big data? Big files, big downloads or lots of complex content?
- 00:09:30 – Yes, the UK is still part of the EU for now and we will have GDPR
- 00:11:00 – Data security, how do we fix it – is the cloud more or less secure?
- 00:12:00 – Public reporting of data breaches, Sunshine laws
- 00:13:00 – How long will we have a hybrid world?
- 00:15:00 – Three ways to build IT
- 00:17:30 – Will NetApp become a service provider?
- 00:19:00 – Wrap up
Copyright (c) 2016-2017 Storage Unpacked. No reproduction or re-use without permission.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download