This episode was recorded at Pure Accelerate in San Francisco on Tuesday 22nd May 2018 just before the event started. Chris talks to Matt Leib and eventually Ray Lucchesi, initially about the role of the reseller, then eventually moving towards NVMe over Fabrics. As with all live recorded podcasts, there’s a little background noise, including the weekly noon siren test. The group speculates on what we can expect to be announced by Pure, the benefits of the Evergreen program, then whether we’re headed back to a hardware future for storage.
In the recording Ray talks about a recent vendor interview. We’re fairly certain he’s talking about Apeiron. Look out for a follow-up to this podcast, discussing what was actually announced by Pure Storage.
Elapsed Time: 00:19:25
- 00:00:00 – Intros.
- 00:01:30 – The role of the reseller at tech conferences.
- 00:04:00 – What is the rate of technology adoption really like?
- 00:07:00 – Argh! Single Pain of Glass!!
- 00:08:00 – What about NVMe adoption?
- 00:08:45 – Will Pure release new technology?
- 00:10:00 – Evergreen – good for Matt’s customers.
- 00:11:30 – Ray joins us for a discussion of NVMe over Fabrics (and Apeiron)
- 00:13:30 – And we get an air raid warning test!
- 00:15:00 – What comes after NVMeoF?
- 00:16:00 – Are we headed back towards a hardware future for storage again?
- 00:17:00 – What is the impact for Software Defined Storage?
Podcast: Play in new window | Download