This week HPE announced Performance Insights, an extension to the InfoSight platform that provides storage customers with greater detail on their 3PAR array storage performance. Performance Insights takes the knowledge of years of HPE 3PAR data and combines it with genuine machine learning and AI to give HPE 3PAR customers actionable insights on the performance characteristics of their storage arrays. In particular this means being able to both detect performance problems and also do more accurate workload planning.
A few weeks ago, Martin and Chris talked to Ivan Iannaccone, VP and GM for the HPE 3PAR product line. Ivan takes us through the background of InfoSight, which came with the Nimble Storage acquisition. The discussion digs down into why performance management is becoming too hard for individuals and how AI can do a much better job.
For more information in the Performance Insights news, check out Calvin Zito’s Around the Storage Block blog and podcast.
Elapsed Time: 00:35:58
- 00:00:00 – Intros
- 00:02:30 – InfoSight – Nimble AI Analytics
- 00:05:00 – What does InfoSight actually do?
- 00:07:00 – InfoSight now being applied to 3PAR
- 00:10:30 – InfoSight was the value add to a solid platform
- 00:14:00 – How do we tackle issues with performance?
- 00:19:00 – Using performance metrics to maximise investment
- 00:22:00 – Saving customers real money by identifying problem issues
- 00:24:00 – How will customers see Performance Insights on 3PAR?
- 00:26:50 – What makes Performance Insights really ML/AI based?
- 00:34:00 – Wrap Up
Related Blogs & Podcasts
Podcast: Play in new window | Download