This week, Chris and Martin review their thoughts from the previous discussion on COVID-19 and what we have learned since then. In what is an incredibly fast-moving situation, the way in which we viewed the impacts of the global epidemic were perhaps a little naive. We take another look at how vendors will need to market and sell to their clients and how even virtual events may be impossible to implement with so many staff dispersed to their homes.
The ultimate outcome is that for the foreseeable future, our way of working, selling and messaging will change.
Elapsed Time: 00:35:51
- 00:00:00 – Intros
- 00:01:20 – It’s all Chris Mellor’s fault (for getting it wrong)
- 00:04:45 – Hairdressers will stay open!
- 00:07:15 – Everyone’s a WFH expert
- 00:09:00 – Social aspects of remote working will be hard to manage
- 00:11:00 – Technical aspects will be a challenge too
- 00:14:11 – Online tools are struggling to scale
- 00:15:30 – Will virtual events happen or are they doomed too?
- 00:17:16 – Rest in Peace restrictions
- 00:21:00 – Not all physical events have been cancelled (yet)
- 00:22:45 – Are sales and marketing roles going to evolve?
- 00:24:15 – Is it time for acquisitions? Which companies look cheap?
- 00:27:00 – This is the perfect time for public cloud & technical debt
- 00:30:30 – New products might never be launched to the market
- 00:33:05 – Wrap Up
Related Podcasts & Blogs
Copyright (c) 2016-2020 Storage Unpacked. No reproduction or re-use without permission. Podcast episode #PGHR.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download