In this week’s podcast, the guys talk about some of the myths in the storage industry. The focus is mainly on traditional storage arrays and some of the features that end users might not need. The conversation takes a marketing turn, with questions on how five 9’s availability is marketed and the use of dedupe/compression as a tool to reduce costs.
What do you think? Are there any myths you believe exist within the industry? Drop us a line and give us your thoughts or areas we should be discussing.
Elapsed Time: 00:31:05
- 00:00:00 – Intro
- 00:01:00 – Myth 1: Do I really need synchronous replication?
- 00:07:13 – Myth 2: Snapshots are good enough for backup.
- 00:09:40 – Myth 3: Can I really have a five 9’s storage array?
- 00:14:10 – Myth 4: Non-disruptive upgrades?
- 00:19:42 – Myth 5: Are performance figures really accurate?
- 00:27:20 – Myth 6: Effective capacity claims by vendors.
- 00:30:00 – Wrap Up
Copyright (c) 2016-2018 Storage Unpacked. No reproduction or re-use without permission.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download